Documents Required For Britain Visa From India
- Passport Valid for a minimum of 180 days with at least two blank pages. (Original required)
- Two recent 50 mm * 50 mm size photographs. Please check the Photo Specification.
- Duly filled & Signed online application form.
- Copy of the passport.
- If travelled to India before, please provide your Previous Passport with Indian Visa.
- Declaration form
- For Minor Child (Under 16 Years of age):
(A) A copy of the child’s birth certificate showing both the parents name.
(B) Consent letter addressed to the HCI, London OR its respective consulates signed by both the parents in original is required.
(C) Photocopy of Parent’s passports along with the copy of their current Indian Visa, if already holding one.
(D) For all Non-UK passport holders, copy of the resident status in the UK would be required. For all Indian Passport holders the copy of Photo Page and the Last page & Address page is required.
(E) Marriage Certificate/In case of Divorce, Child Custody Letter from court in respect of the child is required.
(F) In case of Single Parent, Solicitor’s Letter and Child Benefit letter will be required.
(G) In case of Minor’s Application/Declaration, either of the parents can sign the application form.
- For Media Related Professionals, Police /Army/Navy/Defence/Home office/ Ministry of Justice/Commercial Pilots/Crew Members, Charity/Social Workers/ Researchers and Priest going to India for Tourism:
(A) Employer letter addressed to the High Commission of India, London OR its respective consulates stating the job profile and purpose of visit to India. The letter needs to be on the company letterhead and should be signed by the HR head or line manager.
(B) For Media, related professionals who are Self Employed need to also provide a self-undertaking letter, stating no professional related activities would be undertaken during their stay in India.
- Applicants are requested to submit/send the photocopies of the supporting documents (not the originals) unless originals are requested.
- All Applicants should fill the form correctly as per details from their current valid passport.
- UK passport holder need to ensure that they have filled in the nationality correctly – as United Kingdom.
- The Invitation/Supporting letters should be provided on the letter head of the company/organization with applicants details (Name and passport number) and addressed to High Commission of India and its respective Consulates.
- That this list is not exhaustive and does not guarantee a visa. The High Commission of India or its Consulates reserve the right to ask for additional documents if required